– Maya Angelou
Crafting with Kaylie
Each and every month, Kaylie will be joining Chelsie for a fun and exciting craft that is as fun for parents as it is for children!
In our very first episode, Chelsie explains how to make Magical Keychains, the perfect gift for any unicorn fan.
Will you try making a Magical Keychain? Will it be for yourself or will you give it as a gift? Let us know in the comments below!
How To Make Homemade Clay:
Here's what you'll need:
- 2 cups of baking soda
- 1 cup of corn starch
- 1 1/2 of cups water
- A medium-sized pot
- Something to stir with, like a wooden spoon!
- A cutting board
Here's what to do:
- First, in your medium-sized pot, combine the baking soda and corn starch.
- Stir them until they're completely mixed together.
- Slowly add in the water and continue to stir until the mixture is wet. Make sure that there is no dry spots in your mixture.
- Carefully turn your stove burner on to medium-low heat and place your pot on top.
- Continue to stir your mixture as it heats for 5-10mins
- Once the mixture clings together in a ball, it will be ready to go.
- Carefully move your clay onto your cutting board and knead until it is smooth and cooled off. It if is too sticky, sprinkle extra corn starch in as you knead.
Once your clay is ready, you can follow along with Chelsie and Kaylie as they teach you how to turn your homemade clay into a magical keychain!
Watch Crafting With Kaylie below: