Run, run as fast as you can. You can’t catch me, I'm the gingerbread man! So gather your supplies and grab your doll, we have a holiday DIY project for you all!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 cup cinnamon
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground cloves
- Gingerbread man cookie cutter
- One drinking straw
- Ribbon or twine
- Baking Sheet
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients, mixing until well combined and a dough begins to form. Sprinkle your surface with extra cinnamon to avoid sticking.
- Place dough mixture onto the surface and knead the dough, then roll it into a ball.
- Roll out your dough flat (about ¼ inch thick).
- Using your gingerbread men cookie cutters, cut out cinnamon shapes and lay them onto the parchment paper.
- Use a drinking straw and poke a hole in the ornament where you want the string to go through. Leave a little bit of space as a buffer so the ornament does not break.
- Bake in the oven for 2 hours.
- Let the ornament cool, add some ribbon or twine to your ornament, hang, and enjoy the festive aroma!