STEM With Allie
Each and every month, Allie will be joining Chelsie for a fun and exciting STEM project that is as fun for parents as it is for children!
In our very first episode, Chelsie explains how to make DIY Clouds In A Jar -- how cool is that?
Will you try making a cloud in a jar? Let us know in the comments below!
How To Make A DIY Cloud In A Jar:
Here's what you'll need:
- A jar with a lid. It can be a brand new mason jar for the craft store or even a clean jar that was once used for pickles!
- 1/3 of a cup of hot water - be careful!
- About a handful of ice
- Aerosol hairspray
Here's what to do:
- Carefully pour your hot water into your empty jar.
- Swirl it around to warm up the sides of the jar.
- Take your lid and turn it upside down, then put it on top of the jar.
- Take about 3-4 ice cubes and place them onto the lid.
- Allow the ice to sit on the lid for 20 seconds (count to twenty out loud!)
- Remove the lid and the ice, and spray your hairspray into the jar of water.
- Quickly place the lid with the ice cubes back on top.
- Watch closely as a cloud begins to form!
- When you see that your cloud is getting bigger, take the lid back off and watch as your cloud floats out of the jar.
How cool was that?
Watch STEM With Allie below: