3 Deliciously Simple Pie Recipes To Make Together
January 23rd is National Pie Day -- the perfect time to put on an apron and bake up a scrumptious treat the whole family will enjoy.
Related: 18-Inch Doll Baking Playtime Set
To celebrate, we've included 3 of our favorite pie recipes -- ones that are as delicious as they are simple. Which one will you bake first?
ALLIE'S NO-BAKE BANANA CREAM PIE
- 1 box instant banana pudding (5.1oz)
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 3 medium bananas cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 premade graham cracker crust
- Whisk pudding and milk in a bowl until it has thickened
- Fold in Cool Whip and sliced bananas
- Pour the filling into the pie.
- Chill at least 3 hours before serving
- Garnish with the remaining cool whip and slices of fresh banana
KAYLIE'S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE PIE
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 2 large eggs, well-beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 9-inch pie crust, pre-baked or store-bought
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients and pour into the pie shell
- Bake 45 minutes until crust is baked and the top is golden and crackled
- Serve right away as it will be warm and gooey
- Add a slice of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
EIMMIE'S APPLE PIE
- 2 pie crusts
- 6 cups peeled, thinly sliced Granny Smith apples (about 6 medium apples)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Unroll pie crust and press it into a 9-inch glass pie plate
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the filling ingredients
- Transfer filling onto the crust in pie plate.
- Unroll the second pie crust and place it on top of the apples
- Tuck the extra top crust under the bottom crust edge and together with your fingers to seal
- Cut 4 slits in the top of the pie to allow steam to vent
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown
- About halfway through the baking time, cover the edge of the crust with strips of aluminum foil to prevent the edges from burning
- Cool pie on a wire rack for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving
- Optional: Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on your slice of pie and enjoy!
Check out Playtime By Eimmie's 18-inch doll baking Playtime set below!