It's no secret that chores can be *really* boring, even for us adults. Getting kids to help tidy the house can be a chore within itself but getting them excited is something that will pay off in the long run -- both for you and for the kids as they grow and gain more responsibilities.
Here are 7 ways to get kids excited about cleaning.
- Put on some music to boost energy and get everyone moving.
- Encourage friendly competition amongst kids, such as "who can finish their chores quickest?"
- Give a treat or reward such as an extra half hour to play a video game or an extra scoop of ice cream with dessert.
- Find chores they like and delegate those regularly.
- Keep it short and sweet so they don't get bored and worn out.
- Don't redo their work because they may think they're not good enough and they won't be so eager to help next time.
- Always show appreciation.
For more great ideas, visit this great blog.