Mother's Day is going to be very different this year, there's no way around it. Phone calls, socially distant visits, and FaceTime chats sure are nice, but nothing beats hugging your moms, aunts, and grandmas, especially on holidays.
This year, while we may not be celebrating our moms and grandmas in the ways we certainly want to, there are still so many thoughtful ways we make them feel our love -- no matter how far they may be.
Here are some adorably crafty cards and gifts your kiddos can make and mail to their grandmas this Mother's Day.
- Grandma, You Light Up My Life. This adorable play on lightning bugs is easy to make and is sure to bring a smile to grandma's face. All you need is some paper, scissors, markers, and an imagination!
- Personal Bookmark For All The Reading She's Been Doing. This craft requires watercolor paint, but you can use crayons, markers, or colored pencils to make grandma a special bookmark.
- Stuck On Grandma. Have your child trace her handprint on some green construction paper, help them trace a small vase, and voila! A totally unique cactus card that'll make the perfect keepsake.
- A Very Special Bouquet. For this one, all you need is some scissors, paper, paint, and a set of cute fingers and toes for this extra-special floral card.
- The Best Socially Distant Hug. We all need a hug right now. While we wait until we can squeeze our loved ones in person, sending a handprint hug is a great temporary option!
- My Grandma Is... Okay, this one might be my favorite yet! It's a little tricky so your kiddo may need your help, but it will all be worth it! Have them think of some adjectives to describe their grandma, then have them write it underneath each petal. Grandma will LOVE this one!
- A Memory Flip Book. Have the kiddos surprise grandma with notes about their favorite memories together. All you need is a few different colors of paper and a marker. A simple craft with so much meaning!
- For The Coffee Loving Grandmas. A brew-tiful gift for a beautiful grandma! To this day, the smell of fresh-brewed coffee still reminds me of my grandma's house because the pot was always on! I'd for sure send this to her.
What other cute ideas do you have for celebrating Mother's Day this year?