RECIPE: Pumpkin Brownies
'Tis the season for pumpkin-flavored EVERYTHING!
Today we're talkin' pumpkin brownies -- a tasty and fun dessert for the whole family. We found an awesome recipe from Chewy & Delicious.
- ½ cup butter
- 6 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups pumpkin puree
- ¼ vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spray bottom of the pan with non-stick oil.
- In a pot on low heat, melt the butter and chocolate, and stir until the consistency is smooth. Remove the pot from heat and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, combine sugar and eggs then beat until they are well combined. Then add in flour, baking powder, and salt and stir until combined (make sure not to overmix).
- Divide the egg, sugar and flour mixture evenly into two bowls. In one bowl, add the melted chocolate mixture and stir. In the other bowl, add pumpkin, oil, and spices and stir.
- Layer the pumpkin and brownie batters into the pan, and use a knife to swirl the batters.
- If you are adding chocolate chips, this is the time to add them to the top.
- Put the batter into the oven for 40-45 minutes and then allow it to cool before serving.
See how delicious these pumpkin brownies sound?
Thanks for the recipe, Chewy & Delicious!