RECIPE: Unicorn Cinnamon Bread
Lately, every single time I've logged onto Facebook or Instagram, I see a friend making homemade bread. Truth be told, I've only ever made banana bread at home and that is only because I didn't want the bunch of bananas I had forgotten about to go to waste. It turned out just okay!
So, with all the hype I decided to try a family recipe for cinnamon bread. I tried to make it fun for the kids by adding in some food coloring to make it purple (anyone else having a really hard time getting their kids to eat lately?) but you may have to play with the amount of food coloring you use. You can also feel free to skip the food coloring all together or maybe choose a different variation of hues. Green can go with green eggs and ham!
Good luck & enjoy!
What you’ll need:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups of milk
- 6 cups bread flour
- 1 ½ tablespoon salt
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- Red and blue food coloring
- 1½ tablespoons Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup raisins or chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, the active dry yeast, the salt, and the sugar.
- Slowly mix in your cinnamon, sugar, and raisins or chocolate chips.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, pour in your milk and butter. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat until the butter melts, starting with 45-second intervals. Mix well while slowing in 5-8 drops of red and blue food coloring.
- Carefully pour your heated milk and butter mixture into the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Slowly add in the bread flour, one cup at a time, mixing well between each pour.
- Knead your mixture for 10 minutes until it develops an elastic-like consistency.
- Spray oil of your choice along a large bowl and place your kneaded dough inside. Cover with a moist towel for an hour to let it rise.
- Carefully punch down the dough and divide it into 3 pans. Cover each for another hour, letting them rise.
- Place your 3 loaf pans into the oven and allow the bread to bake for 35 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Allow your bread to cool before slicing.