Winter is here and it's sticking around. Sure, it's really easy to stay bundled up inside the warmth of your house during this frigid season, but did you know there are actually quite a few benefits of playing outside during the winter?
That's right! Winter play can get kiddos out of their comfort zones, can make them stronger (literally), boost creativity, and help fight depression.
However, we know that staying inside is sometimes more preferred so we put together a Winter Bucket List that will keep kids busy, inside and outside, all while avoiding the dreaded "too much screentime."
Your family's official winter bucket list:
- Create a nature scavenger hunt and see how many items you can find
- Go stargazing and learn about the constellations you can see only during this time of year
- Host a family game night filled with team games, individual games, and lots of snacks
- Bake & decorate cookies
- Learn all about animals who live in snowy habitats
- Complete a puzzle
- Go sled riding down a giant hill in your neighborhood
- Volunteer at a food kitchen or simply donate to those in need
- Build a snowman or two
- Do a random act of kindness for a stranger or friend
- Go ice skating at a local rink
- Write letters to people you miss
- Shovel a neighbor's driveway
- Have a friendly snowball fight
- Make paper snowflakes
- Try a new recipe and cook the meal together
- Build a pillow fort and watch movies together while cuddled underneath
What other activities would you add to your winter bucket list?